Monday, October 24, 2011

Shrimp Scampi

This recipe came from my Uncle Larry. He made this for dinner one night while my mom, sister and I were visiting him and Aunt Janie in Washington D.C. for my tenth birthday. It is my favorite way to prepare Shrimp Scampi and the smell always reminds me of that fun visit.



1/4 c onion, finely chopped                        
4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped                        
1 t dried parsley or 2 sprigs fresh
1 stick unsalted butter
1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
1/4 c white wine
2 T fresh lemon juice
Salt & pepper to taste

Melt butter over medium low heat. Saute onion, garlic and parsley in butter until tender. Add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Remove shrimp with slotted spoon and keep warm. Add wine and lemon juice to butter mixture and simmer 2 minutes. Pour sauce over shrimp. Serve with prepared white rice. Serves 2 amply. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment